Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Pre- Reading Black and White




For my pre- reading, I am choosing to write about "how I want to be remembered." Obviously I want people to remember me as a good person and a good friend.  Don't we all?

  I think we all want to be remembered as a good person who people liked. After we are gone, when people/friends think about us we want them to think happy thoughts, only good things. I want them to remember me as a person who respected herself, adults, and her friends. When people think of me, I don't want them to think, "oh remember her? Remember how disrespectful and rude she was?" That's not how I want to be remembered. That's why I always try to respect others and be as kind as possible to everyone. That's a good attitude to have.  I want people to miss me when I'm gone instead of them being happy that I'm gone. When my friends and peers think of me, I want them to think about how I was a good listener, how I helped them through tough times, how I made their problems my problems, how I would always support them in their (good) decisions and actions, and how I was an all around good person. That's how I want to remember my friends. I also want to be remembered as a person who tried to make something good out of every situation. Maybe some people want people to remember them as a rebel, or a person who "showed them". This might be part of the reason that we have crime, robberies, school bombings/shootings, and other bad things. Maybe these people want to be remembered as a bad person, or the first person to do something like that, thinking it will make a difference and therefore making others want to follow in their footsteps. That isn't at all me, I'm not going to do something to ruin myself just to be remembered as a rebel or criminal. None of us should, we should all strive to be good.

  So, I want to be remembered as a good person with all of the qualities I listed above, but most of all I want to be remembered as a person who loved being here, living life and enjoying it. We all deserve to feel this way. We need to cherish every moment and make it count, because we never know when we will start being remembered.

1 comment:

  1. You will definitely be remembered as such! You are a great young lady :-) A few organization things, but in general terrific. Grade: 96%

    ReplyDelete